The position will be filled as soon as possible (1st April, 2010)
4 year renewable term, and is based at the LBA Central Office,
on the campus of the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazônia
in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil.
The tasks and obligations of the LBA Scientific Officer:
- To coordinate and implement the general scientific strategy of the
Program through the LBA Scientific Agenda.
- To monitor the execution of all projects approved.
- To submit a work plan to be reviewed by the Scientific Steering
Committee (SSC) and approved by Directorate Bureau
- To coordinate financial resources issues
- To articulate (institutionally) the national and international
- To supervise the registering and use of LBA data base
- To support the establishment of new projects and articulation of
national and international scientific teams.
Experience in the management of interdisciplinary projects
Minimum experience: 5 years after PhD, or in the role of project
Experience and knowledge of Amazonian research with emphasis of LBA
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and
Portuguese, proficiency in Spanish
To be able to live in Manaus and travel in Brazil and abroad.
The position is open to Brazilian or foreigner nationals
The position requires full time dedication
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (all documents
should be sent digitally). The application must include a cover
that addresses the required qualifications and motivations, a
Vitae, three letters of recommendations and salary expectation.
Deadline of submission: March, 15th (11:59 pm - Brasilia time)